The term 'loam' refers to the ideal soil composition for most garden plants and consists of equal parts sand, silt and clay. These three parts work in unison to create a nurturing environment that supports growth.
Here at Loam, I believe that culture is equal parts people, process and technology and serves as the foundation for growth to take root.
What I Do:
1. Gaps between vision, strategy, and execution? I partner with key leaders and help bring their vision to life.
2. Lack of progress toward achieving company goals? I help build goal-setting frameworks using a top-down approach to ensure goals are clear, attainable, and realistic.
3. Experiencing operational inefficiencies? I evaluate, design, and implement efficient and scalable processes that save time and money.
4. Team members disengaged? I assess, diagnose, and then design sound people strategies to activate your people and align them to the mission.
5. Navigating complex team member dynamics? I resolve conflict between team members by providing employee and manager coaching, mediating conversations, and offering an unbiased and non-judgemental space to process complex issues.
6. Disjointed systems and/or spending too much on underutilized technology? I assess company-wide technology spend, utilization, and efficiency to ensure teams have streamlined productivity tools.
Want access to top talent without the long-term financial commitment and sizable overhead?
Loam offers Fractional engagements for startups, scaleups, and small businesses that may not be ready to invest in a full-time employee just yet. Generally, our fractional services could include VP of People, Head of Operations, or Integrator/Chief of Staff, however, we will work with your team to create a customized plan.
Business & People Strategy
No matter your size, having a sound business and people strategy will set you apart from the competition. Often times, these two major components are lacking in startups and scaleups, yet, they are critical to success. Whether you are starting from scratch, or need help refining your strategies, Loam can help.
VP, Clinical Operations
"Maggie is the most talented people and culture leader that I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Her ability to connect with teammates, earn their trust, and provide a safe space is something that I really admire and look up to. Strategy and forward thinking is at the core of everything she champions."
Dr. Vedrana Tabor
Early-stage health tech investor
“I loved working with Maggie as a highly proficient and personable leader at Paloma. I wholeheartedly recommend Maggie for her outstanding operational acumen and her remarkable ability to connect with people.”
Chief People & Strategy Officer
“I found Maggie to be incredibly creative and innovative in her approach. She has vision but also has the ability to translate vision into programs, plans and actions.”